Home Forums Historical Data Which History Broker Data you use when updating the XAUUSD & GBPUSD EA’s

Fxview
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Petko & FX Academy Team,

I have recently purchased the XAUUSD and GBPUSD Algo Courses which provide monthly updates of the strategies / EA’s for these pairs. From watching the courses I learned that you are constantly uploading history data from your Broker in order to finetune the strategy/EA’s to the current market conditions – which BTW 100% makes sense to me! I am located in Europe and use two Australian Brokers (VANTAGE FX and BlueberryMarkets) where I have RAW ECN accounts. May I ask which Broker Data you use when updating these strategies/EA’s? Thank you in advance for your reply. Best regards, ladytrader2007

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Consuela,

We use the Premium Data, that comes Dukascopy, and is included in EA Studio. As long as you change the Symbol Settings in the Tools menu to match those of your broker, you can use this historical data to generate strategies for any broker. Check the asset’s specifications, the spread and the commission and change it accordingly in EA Studio, and you should get very accurate backtest results.

Cheers,

Ilan

Hey Ilan,

Thank you for the quick reply. I do not use the EA Studio. Therefore I just wanted to compare the prices of the BROKER you use to update the strategies / EAs with those of the Brokers I use.

Regards, Consuela

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Consuela,

My advice would be to have a look at several REGULATED brokers that you are able to trade with in your country. Set up demo account with a few of them that offer the lowest spreads, swaps and commissions, and test the EAs on each of their demo platforms to see which one gives you the the best results.

You can also usually find information on leverage, spreads, swaps and commissions on their website, and compare.

Cheers,

Ilan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart