Home Forums General Discussion When to add lot size and stop trading

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarSimon Chong

Hi Petko,

I remember you mentioned in forum that sometimes you stop algo trading when there is big news coming in. Can you advise us on when to increase/decrease lot size or even stop trading when necessary?

Regards,

Simon

Hey Simon,

Recently I do not pause the Top EAs. I never found proof that I must stop. We never know how the news will affect the EAs, and plus, when we generate the EAs, we do not include the news…

Simple, when we generate the EAs, we use all the data without pausing it, so there is no really a reason to do it.

Sometimes you will notice that you will have great profits during the news, sometimes it might get to loss, but that is what happens every day.

User AvatarSimon Chong

Hi Petko,

Personally I have the same thought as well. However, do you have advice when should we increase/decrease lot size? I’m currently struggling on this matter.

Regards,

Simon

Hey Simon,

I just explained that today in one lecture as an update in the course. 🙂

Let’s say I trade 5k account and use 20 EAs with 0.5 lots. If the account reaches to 6k, I would increase the lots to 0.6…

Same I use for investing. This is what I showed in the Cryptocurrency investment course. If I trade with 5 000 in my account and buy 10 times each 500EUR, I increase to 600EUR, if my account is at 6000. And so it goes…

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hey Petko,

when your account rises, which would you prefer – placing more EAs with the same lots or increasing the lots on the existing EAs?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart