Home Forums EA Studio EA Studio Tools and Settings Updated EA Studio settings for each currency pair

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

As the EA Studio app gets updated with new features, do you change the course material? For example, if there is a course that was recorded in 2017, where only the generator was available, may have better settings that can be used now using the reactor and additional acceptance criteria.

In other words, do you still use the same settings on EA Studio for currency pairs that you used 2 or 3 years ago. If you do use new settings, could you maybe add them as a PDF resource on the courses?

Thanks,

Ilan

Hello Ilan,

I make sure to update the courses regularly. I have actually re-recorded completely the 2 oldest courses – The Top 5 Forex EAs, and the Top 10 EURUSD strategies course. 

Also, some of the updates don’t change the program, it just improves the traders’ experience. More, there are often updates that we don’t understand about – it is on the backend. For example, there was an update that improved the speed of the generator.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

Do you perhaps have a document where you have the settings you use in EA Studio for  each currency pair – eg. Monte Carlo, Walk Forward, Acceptance criteria for different pairs? I mean, the settings that you have found are best for each pair. In each of your courses I’ve done, I’ve noticed there are some settings that are the same, but others that differ.

Thanks again,

Ilan

Hey Ilan,

honestly, I don’t have such a table. I used to have but I noticed that following the same criteria brings me to similar strategies…something I want to avoid.

So I mix the criteria every time I use the Reactor. This way I see different strategies that increase risk diversification.

Yes, I Stick around 500 counts of trades and 1.2 PF but from there I try to add different robustness tests or additional criteria.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

I have been creating EAs for multiple currency pairs using the settings you suggested above. I am using both Generator and Reactor.

My

Generator settings are 20% OOS, Net Balance, Working time of 600 minutes. Acceptance criteria Count of trades: 500, profit factor 1.2 and In and Out of Sample set to 1. In the courses you teach 1.1, but it seems the platform now only accepts full digits – i.e. 1, 2, 3, etc.

Reactor settings are Monte Carlo validation, with Count of tests at 20, and Validated tests at 80%.

What I am finding once my EAs have been created and I’ve put them onto a demo account, is that many strategies are similar – they open at the same point, but the TP and SL are slightly higher or lower. Is this normal? You teach that the strategies should be different to achieve different results.

What can I change to achieve this, and would you recommend any different or additional acceptance criteria when creating my EAs, for example minimum R-squared at 70-75%?

Thanks in advance,

Ilan

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

Thinking about my question above some more, I think (and please correct me if I am wrong) that what I should do is check the strategies in EA Studio, and compare the long and short entry conditions to see if they have the same or similar conditions?

Thanks,

Ilan

Hey Ilan,

Good question here which is important to make it clear.

You see the same entry point because the EAs from EA Studio work on the bar opening. And if you trade on M15, this means that when there is a signal from few of the EAs in one bar, they all will open on the opening of the next bar, which looks like the same signal but it is not. It is the same moment and price.

If you keep the correlation analyses checked in the settings, there is no way that you will generate strategies with the same entry or exit rules.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart