Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Hey Vb,

test it, but do not expect to see what it will earn in a few days 🙂 We never know that.

Even if the robot does profits 1 month, it might start losing after that. This is because the market changes. I explain that in my courses.

This is why we test many strategies and we trade on live accounts the ones that profit currently on the market (testing on Demo).

suraj.bhawan
    Participant

Hi,

Petko and Ilan, great job on the weekly Robots course. It actually makes things so much clearer.

With regard to the update, which day of the week will you be updating the EA’s? The reason I ask is that if they will be coming in on the weekend, we can close the trades manually on Friday to avoid charges and load the EA’s ready for monday open.

Once again the work you guys have done on this course is brilliant.

Thank you

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

Hi Guys

I’m testing the x50 Monthly EAs for EURUSD on a demo account at the moment (25 x H1, 25 xM15)… I only started 3 days ago. They started well, but have recently dropped profitability.

I noticed in the stats that the Buy positions are doing really badly, but the sell directions are doing very well. Is this kind of discrepancy normal? Is it possible to disable the EAs in one particular direction? Is that even a good idea?

Hey Adam,

Usually, that is from the market itself. In this case, the market was more suitable for selling instead of buying.

However, you can choose a direction – when you drop the EA over the chart, in the second tab called Common, you have the option to select a direction:

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

Ah yes, of course, thanks Petko!

Is it advisable to try and compensate for these kind of conditions (eg: turning off long positions, in this scenario)? or is better to just let the market play out and get back to normal?

Admin bar avatarIlan

Hey Adam,

The market is unpredictable, and conditions can change quickly, making it more favourable to open long (buy) positions, or vice versa.

It’s best not to rely on just one asset, but rather keep a balanced portfolio, of several assets, so when one becomes unprofitable, the others can compensate for it.

Thanks,

Ilan

suraj.bhawan
    Participant

Hi Ilan,

For the weekly trading system what money management system do you use in terms for  lot sizing?

Thank you

Admin bar avatarIlan

Hi Suraj,

It depends on your risk appetite. Personally, I work around 0.05 lots per $200. In other words, If my account balance is $2000, and I have 8 – 10 EAs, my lot size will be 0.05 per trade. From there, I increase my lot size in proportion to my capital balance. Once my balance increases by 10%, my lot size will increase by 10% too.

Cheers,

Ilan

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

Hi Ilan

I’ve been testing the Weekly robots (week 3) from the latest “MetaTrader 4 Forex Trading course + Weekly Robots” course, on a Demo account.

These are the results I’ve got.

I know there are good/bad days and weeks with trading, but I was surprised to be in an overall negative balance given the robots are meant to be optimised on a weekly basis. They only had a winning rate of 37%, and only 2 of the robots made a net profit.

Do these results correlate with yours?

Best,

Adam

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

richard
    Participant

Yes down a few $100 this week.  Previous week was very good.  Still up $400 for the 2 weeks.  So 10% per week at this stage.  So all good.  I am sure IIan will be along to answer your question, but this certainly is not uncommon from my testing.  I try to focus more on the monthly profit.  Also although this was down some of my other systems had a good week, and some were sideways,  so overall I would be up for the week. 

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

Hi Richard – thank you, that’s reassuring. Do you mind me asking what other systems you run in parallel to these weekly robots? Only if you’re comfortably sharing, of course… would love to know how many Robot bundles you run? Just forex or crypto as well? Do you make your own, or rely on the EA academy packages?

I’m trying to understand what the best overarching strategy should be in terms of all these elements… getting a balanced/diversified portfolio/risk… that also achieves the best returns.

Hey guys,

I agree with Richard, the week was losing for some EAs and profitable for others. That is why we combine many. We can’t rely on one EA, or even at one set of EAs. This is why I include many in my courses.

However, if your month is on profit that is great! You can’t expect to have profitable weeks all the time.

When we backtest the EAs we see months of stagnation, so even if you have a losing month that is normal. And a losing week, it is very normal.

But to avoid having losing weeks and months, we just trade many many many sets of EAs.

In my courses, and recently with the courses with Ilan, we do our best to take out really the best EAs for all of the students to make it easier for them, but, there will be losing times…that is the trading.

Adam Etheridge
    Participant

Hi Petko – thanks. How many “sets” of EAs would you recommend running in parallel? Is it a good idea to trade both Forex and Crypto to help balance out the ups/downs?

As I said in my post above, I’m trying to understand the how big the EA ‘eco-system’ should be to get decent and (relatively) consistent returns.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.