Home Forums EA Studio Generator in EA Studio Time zones in EA Studio

Trusted Trading Brokers banner

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarSimon
      Participant

Hi traders,

Before running the Generator or Reactor, do we need to set the time zone of our broker’s MT4/MT5 in EA Studio?

Thanks,

Simon

Hello Simon,

no, the Generator works on the data that you import in EA Studio. When you export the data with the script you export the bars according to the timezone of the broker.

You do not need to do anything about it.

User AvatarSimon
      Participant

Thank you!

Sure, let me know if there is anything else.

Cheers,

User Avatargon-co
      Participant

Hello, I have the case that my broker is GMT + 2 but the ducascopy data is GMT-1, I use the ea studio scripts I modify the swag, spread of the broker but the time zone does not, what should I do to change it?

Hello,

Which data do you want to use? The data from your broker or the one that is from Ducascopy?

If you want your data, just use the script to export it. If you want the data from the Historical data app on the website, set the time zone to match with your broker and download it.

Let me know how it goes.

Petko A

User Avatargon-co
      Participant

Hi. I use Ducascopy data since my broker does not have enough data. I have tried to change the hourly use when downloading the data from ducascopy (GMT, EET, LOCAL, UTC), but none came to coincide. And if I know the data of the wed of ea studio, but there are not enough pairs. Another way to change the time zone of ducascopy? Thank you.

User AvatarAndi

Hello Gon-co,

I did not understand what exactly is the issue? What do you mean by ” if I know the data of the wed of ea studio”?

User Avatargon-co
      Participant

Hello, I do not speak English, with which I use the translator and it may be that the translation is not perfect, sorry. Marriage, I was referring to the data on the wed de foresxsb page. I try to be able to change the time of the data from ducascopy to GMT + 2, that’s what I try to do. Thank you

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hello,

that is alright, the English is fine, but what is the issue? You can change the timezone and download it. It works fine.

User Avatargon-co
      Participant

Hello, if in forexbs, you can modify the time but not all the currencies that I would like and would like to know with the indicator of a data study if it can be done in any way

Hello Gon-co,

the Forex Historical data app is the same here and on forexsb website.

You need to select the symbol and after that the time frame. Put the timezone of your broker and download the data.

User Avatarjospjn

Hi Petko, regarding changing the time zones do we need to update the data when we change to daylight saving time ? In other words if we use historical data do we always have to adjust the GMT +2/GMT+3 ect?

Hello Jospin.

You need to change the timezone if your broker changes it.

Have a look at this video so you will know how to synchronize it:

User AvatarBruno
      Participant

Hi Petko,

I am little bit confused. If time zone for generating EA matters, how are we suppose to use your EAs on different brokers with different time zones? (I tought that it could matter only if I import data to MT4 so that data match MT4 broker’s time zone which I understand, but I tought that for creating strategies and EA code it is not important)

For example, I have demos on Eightcap, Dukascopy and Swissquote. Eightcap and Dukascopy are GMT+2 and Swissquote is GMT+1. Am I suppose to create different EAs for Eightcap and Ducascopy and separate for Swissquote as their server use different time zone? Or this is important for sth else?

Also, I can not see bar data for selected bar like you show in your video below price chart to be able to check time for related bar! Not possible to see – I tried on few different comps and Chrome and Firefox but like this part is hidden?

BR

Bruno

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bruno,

The Expert Advisors created by EA Studio can be used with any broker / prop firm. The only time you need to be concerned about the time zone is when you import Historical data from the historical data app.

Alan,

User AvatarBruno
      Participant

Hi Alan,

thx for answer. I realized that. I have to choose time zone of my broker right?
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>However I do not know which time zone to take if my future EA will work for both on broker with timezone with GMT+1 and broker with time zone GMT+2?</p>

Can you also please check why I can not see data below price chart (in price chart tab in  history data app) like Petko shows in his video on how to syncronize time zones?

BR

Bruno

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Bruno,

It is not necessary to change the time zone for each broker. As an example, Petko publishes EAs for the FTMO challenge in his FTMO app. Here traders can download the EAs and use them on any broker or prop firm.

To see the data in the Historical Data app you need to select the Data Preview tab.

Alan,

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart