Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio Succesful EA not trading on 2nd account

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Hi Petko

Upon transferring a succesful EA from one account to the other (same broker), I ve noticed that while it still continues to make profit and open new trades  on the 1st account, it remains dormant on the 2nd account. I ve cross checked recent opening and closing times to make sure it is not in stagnation and while for instance it opened and closed 10 trades in the last week on the 1st account, it opened 0 trades on the 2nd account.

What could be a reason for this?

Thanks

Marek

Hey Marek,

is the second account the same as the first one? Is it a Demo account with the same broker?

I guess not because for some reason it doesn’t open the trades. It is something from the broker of the second account.

Send me some screenshots. Also, from the journal of the second account.

Cheers,

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Hi Petko

Thanks for quick reply.

1st account is mt4 demo Dukascopy Europe and the 2nd one is mt4 live Dukascopy Bank. I believe they use same historical data (other closed trades match each other).

The problem is with one particular EA which trades succesfully on a demo but doesn’t generate any trades on a live account. Below is screenshot of its last trade on demo

SCR 1

However, there is no record of it on a live account (although EA 10101010 been active on both accounts since Mon 15th June)

SCR2

In the journal there are some disconnection and ping errors although they occured after the trade should have been inititated

SCR3

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

SCR1

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

SCR2

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

SCR3

User AvatarDesi Ivanova

Hey Marek,

We had a look with the team and Petko, and everything looks fine.

Are you sure you have done it all right on the Live account?

Can you check if you have the smiley face in the right up corner?

If you have first placed the EAs and then enabled the Auto Trading, you might not see the smiley face, and you will have to do it again.

Cheers,

Desi I

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Hi Desi

Yes, the smiley face is there alright.

I ve deleted this EA from live account and repeated copying it from demo account again. Will let you know next week if that worked.

Best

Marek

Hey Marek,

Yes, Dukascopy guarantees that the data is the same on Demo and Live, that is why we used that data for the free app.

Is the issue only with one EA? And the others open trades on the live?

Does this EA include volume indicators?

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Yep, it is just this one EA that is not working on a live account. The rest is fine.

It may be worth mentioning it is one of the ea portfolio and the rest eas in that portfolio have been muted using quotation marks.

Best

Marek

Hey Marek,

you want to say that you have removed with the “//” trick all the rest strategies in this Portfolio EA, and left just one strategy? And it doesn’t open trades?

Can you send me screenshots from the code where you did the “//” thing, and also from the journal?

Regards,

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Hey Petko

Below is a screen shot from MetaEditor with an EA portfolio where I essentialy removed all other EAs leaving just one to open&close trades (this was to maximize its profitability in terms of lot size based on how active it was). Initially I muted all unnecessary EAs using your “//” trick but either way it would not initiate any trades. I can see in a Metaeditor that this particular EA is using volume indicators  which could be a reason why it is dormant?

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Hi Petko

I keep having discrepancies in my live and demo account results. Both are Dukascopy accounts. Both run on a virtual server.

If you look at below EURUSD EA (10106004) it opened a trade on a live account at 10:11am on 17/09/2020 and was closed by a stop loss at 10:06 on 18/09/2020. In comparison the same EA opened a trade on a demo account at 10.15 on 17/09/2020 and took profit at 10:54 on 17/09/2020.

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

From these screenshots it is really hard to say:

1. The screenshot from the MetaEditor is not where we remove the strategies with //.

2. I see just one picture from the Demo and not from the Live to compare how this EA traded there?

Is that a Portfolio EA or a single one?

User Avatarnu2this2

Was there a solution? Im having a similar problem.

Guys, make sure to enable the AutoTrading before placing the EAs on the chart. That is the most common mistake.

The EAs are the same, it does not matter if they trade on Demo or Live. As long as you are with a regulated broker (not a scam broker) and you place the EAs properly onto the MetaTrader platform, all must work fine.

Send me more pictures and details so I can help you out. Anyway, I am guessing most of the time.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart