Home Forums Trading Courses Bitcoin Robot: The Ultimate Course for BTC Algo Trading Questions regarding 12 Expert Advisors and NLF

BlackBull Markets

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Petko. Regarding the 12  Expert Advisors in the Cryptocurrency Course, which broker’s Metatrader 4 are they optimized to run on? I am now running these 12 EA in a demo account through the broker Peppercorn. Is that best? Regarding the NLF and changing the lot size from 1 to 2, I calculate 1.36 to compensation for the lost in the trade for going south. I also included a sell stop position of $136 and profit on both sides at $410.  My question is this. While the profit from the two lot trade is doubled the profit of a one lot trade, doesn’t it happen over the same distance and dollar amounts indicated for the one lot trade on the trading platform (two dollars  made for every one dollar move)? And if so, what dollar amounts do we add to the opening trade amount?

Hey Leonard,

Glad to hear from you in the Forum. For the cryptos I use Pepperstone broker. But don’t take it as a recommendation.

I am not really sure that I understand your question about the NLF.

Where did you get these numbers from? Did you change the distances or?

Hi Petko,

This in my reasoning behind the numbers in the NLF.  If  for 1 lot we look for a profit of $210 (including a swap of $10) and $70 as one third the profit for a sell stop price (buy price – 70), than for 2 lots we look for a profit of $410 (including a swap of $10) and $136 as one third the profit for a sell stop price (buy price – 136).  If 1.4 x 210 = – 294+280 (210+70)-14(swap)=0 for  1 lot, than 1.36 x 410 = – 557.6 + 546 (136 +410) -11.6 (swap)=0 for 2 lots.  Now regarding the T/P on a buy trade of 1 lot, if we enter the trade at $9500 BTCUSD we just add $210 to exit at $9710 which we clearly see on the virtical scale of the trading platform. No regarding the T/P on a buy trade of 2 lots, do we than add $410 to the $9500 BTCUSD for  an exit at $9910? Does the T/P happen at the virtical scale value based on 1 lot but be twice the dollar amount of a 1 lot trade, or three times the dollar amount for a 3 lot trade? What value to I put in the pending and modified orders? It might be useful to provide us with a chart of the NLF that provides the numbers for different lot sizes on the far left column and the number at each level of calculations out to four changes in the market for each row.

I made another submission with two photos of the main trading window but I didn’t see it populate on the forum. In one example I used the NLF in a buy trade that went south below the sell stop level (buy order – 70) based on 1 lot.  This trade took place at night. Instead of watching the trade and making adjustments if the trade when back up again I left it and went to bed. In the morning the trade was closed with a profit of over $90. How did that happen? The trade details were as follows: This was a pending order. Buy order of 9938.26 + 210 = 10,148.26 (stop loss or take profit). 9938.26 – 70 = 9868.26 (sell stop). 9868.26 – 210 = 9658.26 (take profit). I then did a modify order on the long position so that the take profit was the same as the stop loss and the stop loss was the same as the take profit.  The positions on the closed trade was as follows: type: sell; size: 1.4; symbol: bitcoin; price: 9868.26; S/L: 10148.26; T/P: 9858.26; time   ; price: 9802.26; profit: $92.40

The next question I had was why did a buy  EA BTCUSD trade with a zero S/L position close out with a loss of $1133.00 when I did not exit the trade. I assumed that the trade would stay open and reverse the trade over time so that I could recoup the lose. Please explain why the position closed?     type: buy; size: 2; symbol: bitcoin.r; price: 9938.51; S/L: 0:00; T/P: 10140.01; time: 2020.06.11 21:00:00; price: 9372.01; swap: 0:00; profit: -1,133.00

If two BTCUSD EA trades with the same lot size open within minutes (e.g. 10 minutes) of each other, going in opposite direction and essentially canceling out the profits of the other trade, is it advisable to cancel one of the trades? Is it advisable to choose different lot sizes for EA created for the same trading pair?  Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Petko,

For my four EA robots for BTCUSD from your courses change between buy and sell trades. Should they be all set as buy order, a combination of the two or left alone? Currently two automated buy orders are going in opposite direction. I am beginning to think that the NLF is the safest options to start once the EA trades open.

Hi Petko,

When I download a second time the EA Studio Bitcoin H1 81867949 robot from the course resourses for  the Bitcoin NLF course and opened the zip file, I saw an indication that the file was last updated on 4/11/2020 8:11AM.  Does this mean that the file has not needed to be updated since April of this year?

User AvatarBart Meijrink
      Participant

Hello Leonard,

If you change the entry lot from 1 lot to 2, you don’t change the distances. Keep the distance 210 dollars which will bring you $420 when trading with 2 lots.

And yes, Petko modifies that robot when it is needed. I did a backtest of it and it shows nice results. Regarding the other questions, I can’t get them so Petko will answer 🙂

Hello Bart,

Thanks for your feedback on the NLF  with a change in lot size and that robot in question.

How do I turn off an EA robot to activate the NLF when the chart with the smiling face does not show up on the trading window even though it shows up on the order window and is now an active trade? This trade was activated by the EA overnight.

If you have four EA trades opened with two buy trades making a profit (e.g. +$100) and two sell trades in a negative direction (e.g. -$100) should you always leave the trades running until the EA executes the closing of the trade, or are there times that is best to just close the profitable trades although not at T/P level?

User AvatarAndi

Hi Leonard,

When you have the trade opened by the EA,  you have two do two things:

1. Remove the EA from the chart. Right click – Expert Advisors – Remove.

2. Open the Pending order on the other side

The EA is meant just to open the trades, not to close them. This is for the Never Losing Formula, right? If yes, then you remove the EA, and the trades will close when the TP or the SL is reached.

Hi Andi,

You indicate that I should remove the EA from the chart. Right click, remove and open the Pending order on the other side. That I understand. The problem I have is this. The EA BTCUSD chart I wanted to remove was not listed among the opened charts even though it was listed as an orders that was currently trading in the screen area below the man charting window. There were three of the four Bitcoin EA I have that were visible on the the main screen.  The fourth had no EA linked to it.

How does a buy EA BTCUSD demo trade with a zero S/L position close out with a loss of – $1133.00 when I did not exit the trade? I assumed that the trade would stay open and reverse over time and regain the lost amount and exit with a profit. Please explain why the position closed? type: buy; size: 2; symbol: bitcoin.r; price: 9938.51; S/L: 0:00; T/P: 10140.01; time: 2020.06.11 21:00:00; price: 9372.01; swap: 0:00; profit: -1,133.00

Hello Leonard,

it is pretty hard to understand what you are trying to say… do you mean that you have missed a trade to apply the NLF and it is on a huge loss now?

Or you are trying to trade 3-4 EAs with the NLF at the same time. That would be a headache.

Hi Petko,

The one BTC trade for which I wanted to apply the NLF was opened and within $10 of the opening level when I wanted to apply the NLF. I couldn’t turn off the EA and apply the NLF because I couldn’t find it. This trade opened over night.  3 other BTC EAs were running at that time.

Please explain how a demo trade with a zero S/L position can close out with a loss of – $1,133.00 when I did not exit the trade. Trade details:  type: buy; size: 2; symbol: bitcoin.r; price: 9938.51; S/L: 0:00; T/P: 10140.01; time: 2020.06.11 21:00:00; price: 9372.01; swap: 0:00; profit: -1,133.00

User AvatarDesi Ivanova

Hey Leonard,

Probably your broker has closed the trade because of the small margin left or the exit condition in the EA applied. There is such an indicator in the EA.

That is why you need to remove the EA after the trade was opened.

And that is why Petko suggests always using just 1 EA with the NLF at a time as a beginning, and when you get used to it, you can start using more than 1.

Cheers,

Hi Desi,

Thanks for your feedback. I have two more questions regarding the 12 Expert Advisors Cryptocurrency course. The current BTC trades seam to swinging back and forth between long and short directions. Should I leave the EA robots as long or short to open according to the direction of the trades, or should I set them to go in the direction they are optimized to run in? I have four EA BTC Robots and they are all profitable in the demo account. When I go live, is there any reason why I should not run all four at the same time with one applying the NLF?

Hey Leonard,

Glad to hear from you again.

As Desi said, it is easier when you manage one EA with the Never Losing Formula Formula. When you are used to it, you can add a second one.

I am happy to hear that the EAs make a profit, that is the idea of Demo testing, to see how the EAs perform. But always keep in mind that this does not guarantee future performance. However, it is the best proof we can have. Just keep following the results.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart