Home Forums Trading Strategies Not generating enough strategies

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarfacundo
      Participant

Hi,

I am generating strategies with AUDUSD in M15 but it tells me that it doesnt create enough.

Question1: As my broker is JFD I am using the Metatrader Demo history data because I understood that comes from JFD. is this correct?

Quesiton 2: are the parameters I use correct? As it tells me that maybe the acceptance criteria is too strict. (below the screen shots)

Thanks

Facundo

User Avatarfacundo
      Participant

Attachments

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

Good morning Facundo,

Try removing min net profit from acceptance criteria? Might be confusing the software. One thing I’ve noticed with the software over time, is that it’ll tell you “cant find strats” if it reached around 5000 created and none have passed the acceptance criteria by then. Check your position size and starting balance as well. If you’re over leveraged on what the software see’s as too small an account its probably generating strats that go right into margin call for your 500 minutes. Hope this helps?

User Avatarfacundo
      Participant

Thanks. Good tips.. all try them

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

My pleasure, let me know if it worked out!

User Avatarfacundo
      Participant

Hi Petrov

regarding this question.. is this correct?

Question1: As my broker is JFD I am using the Metatrader Demo history data because I understood that comes from JFD. is this correct?

thanks

Facundo

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hello Facundo,

Yes, you are alright to use the MetaTrader-Demo, the data comes from that broker.

I think for AUDUSD you have too strict acceptance criteria.

Try starting with min 1.1 Profit Factor and 200 count of trades.

After that see in the results what type of strategies you have. If you see that you have strategies with above 300 min count of trades, increase it in the Acceptance criteria. And this way reach to a level where you limited number of strategies in the collection but you see actually strategies.

As Petko says (not Petrov) it is better to have more strategies in the collection that having not any strategies.

Also, I often see that when I get the message from EA Studio for too strict acceptance criteria, I still get some strategies after that. The message does not mean that you will not get any strategies.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart