EA Forex Academy – Algorithmic & Manual Trading Courses Forums Forex Trading Forum My automated filtering and trade copying system

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    richard
    Participant

I thought I would show what I have been working on to fully automate, analyse, filter and copy trades to live account.  I have been working on this system for 12 months.  I hired a Russian programmer to help me create the system. It has been a big mission costing me a fair amount of $$$ and probably a 1000+ hours of my time testing and debugging etc….

Some people may find it interesting, others may see it as an overkill but it works for me…..  I show it here to show what can be done if you want to go down this path and to share my findings.  I am not looking to sell the system, or certainly not at this stage anyway….

There was a few people on the other forum that talked about doing this and also there was the MT4 Tracker that someone created that was good.  Any way I got sick of waiting and decided to create exactly what I wanted that suited my trading style.

A lot of the inputs / settings are based on what Petko teaches here.  Basically I wanted something that would track all info from the demo, allow me to filter it in as many ways as possible and then automatically send the selected trades to a live account.

I will add some screen shots with explanations:

I run a tracker EA in the demo accounts which captures all the account data and sends it to a Mysql database.  The database is capable of handling 1000’s of lines of data.  I have had as many as 12000 strategies and 100’s of accounts running.

The database holds all the data and carries out some of the equations:

richard
    Participant

Then I use a windows based app to carry out the filtering:

I have 8 different live accounts assigned to the app.  I assign the magic numbers to the accounts.  the magic numbers are critical.  I use what Petko teaches here to create the magic number, but the middle 3 numbers are the batch number that allows me to group certain ea’s together.

I can filter the trades from the demos with any of the filters, I can set using days and trade no. I have 3 different time / trade periods and can also select top 10,20 etc….

raul.salcedo03
    Participant

wow !!! congrats !!! my respect for you !

richard
    Participant

Once I have set the filters and the strategies meet the criteria they will automatically be copied from the demo account to the Live account next time they open in the demo.  Live account shown with Copier EA running.  (I am still on demo for testing so this is a “live” demo account:

richard
    Participant

I have just finished adding some graphics to the APP to give me a quick snapshot of where all the accounts and strategies are up to:

This is Petko’s EAs from his last course with a 1.2 PF over the last 4 trades filter attached:

richard
    Participant

One of the main reasons I started this is that I wanted the ability to run many side by side tests with slight variations / filters and then have an easy way to show the results…..

Any way that is enough for now.

I will show some future results of what I come up with if people are interested…..

Admin bar avatarIlan

Hey Richard,

This is very interesting. Please keep us informed, not only on the development, but the results of you “live” demo account.

The question I have for you is, if you choose to change the criteria by which the system selects the EAs to move from demo to live, how easy is it to do?

Cheers,

Ilan

richard
    Participant

The settings for each of the filters can be changed instantly.  If after the change there are strats that  don’t meet the new criteria they will be removed immediately from the live account….  And any strats that now meet the new criteria will open on the live the next time they open in demo.

I watched your course the other day and have started a few trials running that will be ready in 2 weeks.  I am thinking about the best way to automatically send the chosen strats to the live.  Either by TOP # of each pair or other ways.  Anyway all these options can be selected so that it will run on auto….

Image of pop up box to change settings instantly attached.  This is from your course that I started a few days ago.  Took a beating overnight but still looking good.

I like your concept of changing out weekly.  Is there a reason you don’t close down on Friday end of market and avoid potential gaps over the weekend instead of Monday morning…..

Hey Richard,

I am very happy to see when someone does something extra and useful. Usually, most traders wait and depend on the others…so good job to you!

I am still not sure if I understand how this app works and if a database is actually needed, but I am super happy that my courses helped you out!

Keep us updated with your work!

JordyTr971
    Participant

Congrat!

I’m doing something similar but much much less complex.

I have 100ea on a demo account, and my Copier system copy the top 3 ea that make the most profit on to my live account

the copier update the top 3 each seconde

I don’t know if it will be profitable but we’ll see soon !

Admin bar avatarIlan

Hey Richard,

Yes, there were some draw downs, but overall, the portfolio is profitable for the week.

Which broker are you using?

Ilan

Admin bar avatarIlan

Hey Jordy,

What criteria are you using to select the top 3 EAs? Net profit only?

Cheers,

Ilan

JordyTr971
    Participant

Hi Ilan,

Yes net profit only.

If you have some advise for me I’ll listen !

Thank you

richard
    Participant

I am using Global Prime here in Australia.  They allow unlimited demo’s with no expiry which a lot of brokers don’t seem to allow.  I also have a pepperstone account but have not used that much yet, although they have higher leverage that might be useful in the future……

Hey Jordy,

Did you code the copier or you took it from somewhere?

Cheers,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.