Home Forums MetaTrader Metatrader-Demo in EA Studio

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi Petko,

Would it be possible if Metatrader-Demo (JFD) could offer more instruments to choose from aside from those listed in EA Studio?

Also on Metatrader-Demo (JFD), I happen to read one of the posts to Top 5 Forex Strategies course where in it was mentioned that a different data provider is being looked into.  Does this mean that EA Studio would stop using JFD? Or probably, just add another data provider on top of JFD?  Just wanted to ask this question since I am considering opening a live account with JFD.

Cheers,

Jay-R

Hey Jay-R,

First, I have edited a bit of your post, because we prefer not to promote different brands and brokers here.

Well, I do not know if they will keep the Metatrader-Demo data that is available now, or it will be replaced with the new one. I am not sure when this will happen, as well. However, use what you have now and manage it later. But do not hurry with a live account, make sure to practice more on Demo.

Regarding more instruments, I think with the new source there will be more instruments. But currently, these ten are fixed, and as far as I know, they use EA to export the data for these instruments automatically.

If you want to trade some other assets, you would need to use the Home key thing and get the data from the broker.

Cheers,

Petko A

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

No worries Petko. And yes, I’m aware in not promoting anything in the forum, especially brokers.

Thanks for making that clearer. With regards to trading a live account, don’t worry I have no plans in doing it just yet, it’s more for data collection purposes instead of trading live already. For my manual trading, it took me 1.5 years to stay on demo before being consistent enough to go live.

Yes, I’m already starting to collect data from my other broker and JFD-demo, and currently, I’m contemplating of collecting JFD-live data as well.

Thanks again for making it clearer.

Cheers,

Jay-R

Hey Jay_r,

I think you are doing great first steps in algorithmic trading, and you pay attention to the details which matter the most!

It is not a bad idea to collect data from many brokers, or even just 1-2 extra, just in case something happens to your broker, you have where to switch with collected data…

Kind regards,
      Petko A

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Thanks Petko.

That’s exactly what I’m doing. I think it’s a good idea to diversify collection of data from different brokers, just in case something happens.

Cheers,

Yes, I did the mistake to depend on one broker at the beginning. When they changed some of their trading conditions, I had to move and I realized that I do not have data for another broker.

That is why I share it, so you won’t make the same mistake.

User AvatarAndi

Hey Jay-R,

which are the other brokers that you selected to use to collect Historical data from?

Cheers,

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi Andi.

Currently, I’m collecting data from Pepperstone and JFD.

Was supposed to include Axitrader but didn’t push through with it since the data coming from their demo was very insufficient to test in comparison to their live data.

I have another existing live account with IC Markets.  I’m still thinking whether to include them for my data collection.

Lastly, I just want to make mention that, for diversification purposes over data collection, I’m also eyeing FxPro since I want my brokers to be in different jurisdictions as well.

(To those who might read this comment, please don’t take this as a recommendation, I’m not affiliated with any of the brokers I mentioned)

By the way Andi, I just wanted to ask for your opinion regarding data collection..

Suppose you already tested both live and demo accounts from the same broker and their historical data is already similar and relatively safe to build strategies on, do you collect data from both the live and demo accounts? Or you simply to collect from either of them (perhaps from the live account) since their historical data are already similar?

I’m asking this because I’m currently using a VPS while collecting data from both live and demo accounts from both brokers, and so obviously, the more RAM is needed for my VPS account.

Am I overdoing it with the way I’m collecting data?

Cheers,

User AvatarAndi

Hello Jay-R,

I think you are doing a great job!

I have been trading with Expert Advisors and EA Studio for about two years now (since I met Petko and his courses).

The first six months, I did not pay attention to the Historical data, and it caused me some losses. However, after 1;1 call with Petko I understood the importance.

Now I am collecting from 3 brokers, but I use 2.

One is JFD, and I am using the Metatrader-Demo data from the EA Studio because it updates regularly.

When I compared Demo and Live data for the last time ( about one year back), it was very similar. So I use it from EA Studio.

No, you are not over-doing it. Everyone who is NOT doing it is on the wrong path…

Cheers,

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi Andi,

Thanks.  That’s an encouragement.

And thanks for mentioning regarding the Metatrader-Demo data.  Although I’m collecting JFD’s historical data for both live and demo I still haven’t compared them with Metatrader-Demo’s historical data, but my algos are currently running with JFD demo but generated using the data from Metatrader-Demo, of which are showing a relatively good performance.

The one that I tested for compatibility was my Pepperstone live and demo, and JFD live and demo as well.

Cheers,

Hello Jay-R,

With Andi, you are doing a good job collecting the Historical data because even in EA Studio, using the MetaTrader-Demo, it is suitable for the moment, but I am not sure if they will keep uploading it after the new data come.

So it is good that you collect it, even it is uploading automatically.

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi Petko,

Thanks for bringing that up.  That’s actually one of my concerns regarding Metatrader-Demo data–that it would eventually be stopped.

Cheers,

I am not really sure if it will be stoped, but I do not think they will maintain 2. However, you can use it now and have a back up plan.

But keep in mind that if they change it, it will be because of better data 🙂

User AvatarAndi

Hi Petko,

I saw the new Forex Historical data from DucasCopy it looks rally awesome! I am going to test it and see how it goes.

Are they going to change the Metatrader-Demo which comes from JFD in EA Studio with the new DocasCopydata or not?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart