Home Forums Historical Data How to test a EA with historical data?

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarmcetraro
      Participant

Hello,

I am taking the Top 5 Forex Strategies from a professional trader + 5 Robots course. I would like to know where I can find information on how to test the EA on historical data and how to obtain the historical data

Thank you.

Hello Mcetraro,

you have two options to test the EAs over your Historical data:

1. Use the beck tester of Meta Trader

2. Use the strategy builders as I showed in the course in lecture 17.

Also, I showed in lecture 16, how to obtain the historical data(the script is included), I guess you did not complete the course?

Anyway, here are the steps for you, that might help you:

1. Click the Home key on all time frames for the traded currencies
      2. Export the Historical data with the provided script and place it in EA Studio and FSB Pro
      3. Import back the Expert Advisors and the see the results over your Historical data
      4. Not a bad idea to optimize the EAs according to your data

That process will help you see what a difference there could be in the performance if you compare Historical data on few brokers.

Kind regards,
      Petko A

User AvatarThetrader
      Participant

Hey Mcetraro,

I can suggest you to look at the course Forex strategy course – Portfolio trading with 12 Expert Advisors.

There you will get all the answers about test EA historical data and creating the EAs

Yes, Mcetraro, in this course, I focus on that, as well in all of the algorithmic trading courses I place a quick lecture on how to test EA Historical data.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart