EA Forex Academy – Algorithmic & Manual Trading Courses Forums Forex Trading Forum How to set EA to buy only in Metatrader 5

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Animti
    Participant

Hi, I’ve noticed that my EAs often close with losses in low activity time (late NY or Asian session) or in range market like today, is there a way to create EA that have a more consistent result. Thank you

Admin bar avatarHaliffa
    Participant

Try not to make conclusions after a few trades or days.

Also, it is easy to see what happened but we never know when there will be volatility or not.

Each EA has its moment and its downs, but if you follow the results in FX Blue you will know when the EAs are in their profitable periods.

Animti
    Participant

Thank you I’ll keep that in mind

Hey Animti,

Yes, it is better to wait a bit longer so you can see the results.

Also, you can set trading hours from EA Studio settings. Do not hesitate to experiment.

Animti
    Participant

it’s great to get help from you guys, such a genuin and  generous community

Animti
    Participant

It would be really helpful, what the typical drawdown for 99 EAs for 3 pairs (EU,GU,EG), because I’m planning to use them in my live account, can you give me a rough estimation or is there a way I can get it through backtesting

Animti
    Participant

What the typical drawdown for 99 EAs for 3 pairs (EU,GU,EG), because I’m planning to use them in my live account, can you give me a rough estimation or is there a way I can get it through backtesting

Hey Animti,

I would suggest you first test the EAs on a Demo account and create your system for managing the EAs.

You can see the drawdown from the backtest but it won’t be realistic because at the end of the day you are going to trade the top EAs from all the 99. So you can’t say which EAs you will use.

When you select the top ones, for example, two from each currency pair, you can see then estimated drawdown.

Also, it is important to keep an eye on the Demo and the Live account so you will be trading the profitable EAs all the time.

Cheers,

Animti
    Participant

Thank you for your advice.

Sure, let me know if there is anything else.

Cheers,

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.