EA Forex Academy – Algorithmic & Manual Trading Courses Forums Forex Trading Forum How satisfied are you with the automated trading software EA Studio?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    fxtalant
    Participant

Hello!

I am new with the EA Studio and I am pretty surprised with what I see especially when backtesting Forex strategies. The free videos from Petko helped me a lot to get started.

I have been trading for many years manually and it was taking me a lot of time to test strategies. After that with different parameters, adding indicators and most of the time it was lost time.

I really like the editor in EA Studio. It is fascinating when I put indicators, change parameters and see the outcome at the moment. That would have saved me years.

You describe just how I was in the beginning 🙂

If you are just starting with EA Studio you will be surprised with many more things with that software.

When you have an Expert Advisor and you backtest Forex strategies with it, it is really nice, you see the results. But you do not get the bigger picture. With the editor in EA Studio you see every change you make and how it impacts the strategy. Let’s say you change the SL from 50 to 60 pips and one click you see the backtest, the Output with different parameters as Profit Factor, Max Consecutive losses, and many others. You can not really see that in MetaTrader…

Backtesting Forex strategies has really improved and this software gives so many opportunities.

Sharapova Sisi
    Participant

I have seen in some places that people say backtesting Forex strategies is useless because it does not guarantee future performance. Well, this is true, and everyone knows that there is no guarantee for future trading, but at least we have something, right?

If one uses manual trading and does not have an Expert Advisor how he would know the performance of the strategy? Not possible. It is not possible to backtest looking at the chart. I know many try to do that but they are not familiar with the repainting factor.

Having  Expert Advisors is the only reliable way we can do backtesting Forex Strategies and especially with EA Studio we can see so many details:

Backtesting-trading-strategies-EA-studio

Hello Sharapova!

Very good post here. You are very correct that with manual trading we can not have such statistics for any strategy. Simply because we can not execute the trades from Monday to Friday without a miss. Or even one trade for 8 hours and hires another 2 to cover the other 16 hours. Imagine what would be 3 people trading for 1 strategy, or maximum 2-3 if they can do it simultaneously. And I know there are people doing that…

Keep in mind that there are very good manual traders but they do not know actually there are Expert Advisors. Because they are so concentrated in their manual trading, no time to look for something new or an easier way to do the trading..

Cone D
    Participant

Hey Petko,

I am the perfect example of what you described. 🙂

If you remember when I first met you and we had the 1:1 class I told you my story. Here it is for the others:

I was trading professionally with a couple of strategies. I can say 3 that were bringing my profits(not so constantly) but it was enough to cover the monthly expenses. Backtesting Forex strategies manually is nearly impossible as Petko says. It takes so so so much time. I was staying around 12 hours every day in front of the screens and at one moment I realized it is useless to do it because I do not have a life… this is why I started looking for algorithmic trading without programming and I found Forex Academy and Petko’s courses.

I tried as well hiring a person with some basic knowledge but saw that he will need long long time to do the trading for me… so do not waste time and money with that.

Now my life is totally different. I use the Expert Advisors from EA Studio. I spent about 2-3 hours a day to generate new strategies, place on demo and manage a Demo and 2 live accounts. Backtesting Forex strategies with EA Studio and FSB Pro is just a pleasure compared to do it manually. And it is precise! I have a lot of time for everything else…started a second business of my own with paintings..

Glad to hear that my courses and the Academy helped you improve your trading and life. That is all I aimed from the beginning…

Thapelo
    Participant

Today I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Forex Academy team and Forex Software,

Petko and his team are so responsive on the email and the forum. I doubt at the beginning before taking the Optimal Pack that ones I take it, they will not be so responsive, but just the opposite. I get answers to every question, Skype call if it is needed, and they help w lot if I am stuck with backtesting Forex strategies or something else.

I will not talk about the value of the courses, I am sure everyone who took a course knows how valuable are they. Getting updates every month for free is something you can not really find anywhere else.

On the other side Forex Software keep updating EA Studio all the time. Since I got the license there were some awesome uptdates, and R century we go the Normslizer. This is a tool I couldn’t fine in any other Forex software. It does not only improve the backtesting Forex strategies process but makes the strategies faster, simpler and more profitable. I really do not know how these guys invent all of that but it is just fantastic.

thanks guys, you are pros

Kind regards

Stephen
    Participant

Hi Petko,

I’ve been using the automated trading software EA Studio and I think it makes trading way easier compared to trading manually. Your courses based on the same have really helped me to understand the platform.

On behalf of all the traders who have benefited from it, thanks so much.

Glad to hear that, Stephen!

Keep up the good work and I am sure you will be even more successful!

Kind regards,

Thapelo
    Participant

Hey Petko!

I saw that there is a new tool for Historical data with EA Studio and FSB Pro.

Can we expect it on Forex Academy?

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

O, really? From where is that Historical data?

Hey Andi,

The new data comes from Dukascopy. Basically from Forex Software LTD they converted the tick data into bars and developed that App.

I hope by the end of the weekend my team will manage to publish it on our website as well.

Later I will create videos on how to use it but it is actually quite easy.

And the data is complete, no gaps, no missing days – 100% data.

George Lane
    Participant

Hey Petko!

I see that the Historical data is already on the website.

I believe now the backtesting Forex strategies will go smoothly and without issues with missing bars.

Thanks for making things easier.

I was collecting bars for 3 months now, but still not enough.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

johnbrown7
    Participant

EA Studio has been great for me during the last year. There is so much written in here but I want to point out a few things:

1. I spent couple of thousands for ready EAs from the MQL5 market that never worked well. And now I make daily better strategies.

2. The system from Petko that allows me trading with 100s of EAs at the same time is just impossible without the EA Studio

3. Backtesting Forex strategies has never been easier and faster. I love the fact that I am not doing it on MetaTrader any more 🙂

Daniel Nixon
    Participant

Satisfied and great course…..but please consdier a search function in your forum. There are many of pages to go through to find discussion on a particular subject.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.