Home Forums General Discussion Having issues when creating Long only or Short only strategies!

Fxview
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarRolyM
      Participant

Hi Petko,

I have been a long time reader of the forum. I have been using EA Studio for several years now, and I must say without Petko’s excellent courses and tips and tricks that he provides here and on You tube and in his blog, I think I would have given up by now. I don’t know how you manage to provide and update so much content and still remain sane! I take my hat off to you.

Anyhow, I love using EA Studio, I think I know my way around the program pretty well and rarely have any issues, and if so, usually work out that it is something I have done wrong. But recently, I have started generating Buy only and Sell only strategies and I have had unexpected outcomes that I just can’t explain! I usually run the reactor over several days and what I have found is that among the collections that should be either Buy only or Sell only there are randomly bidirectional strategies as well. As though for some reason during the generation process it has just ignored what has been setup in the Preset Indicators section. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing? I use Google Chrome and have had the issue on a couple of different computers, and yes I have made sure that in the Generator settings the Generate strategies with Preset Indicators is ticked, which of course you can’t alter once the reactor is running. I realize you may need some more specifics, and I’m happy to provide any additional information you might need. Thank you for all your great work.

Kind Regards

Roland

Hello Roland,

I am delighted to hear your words. I am happy to know that the content I provide is useful to more and more traders like you.

Thank you, indeed, for your kind words! They mean a lot to me!

Well, how I keep doing it, yes, many sleepless nights, but I don’t like to complain. I love what I do, and when people appreciate it, that is the only thing that gives me more and more energy.

Now, I am happy to be able to build a team around me, and soon I am planning to open a careers page on the website, so many of our students, enthusiasts, and traders, just like you, can join in different projects, and we can all benefit by developing better and better content.

Regarding the question….could you please provide me with some screenshots of how you set it up and what issues you see exactly.

Just attach them to the post in the Forum so that I can see better.

User AvatarRolyM
      Participant

Hi Petko,

I spent a long time adding pictures and text to a reply here and then it didn’t work!!

Is there another way I can get the information to you?

Kind Regards

Roland

Hey Roland,

Yes, I will ask my team to have a look at the issue with uploading pictures in the forum.

Anyway, you can send them to our e-mail and I will see them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart