Home Forums EA Studio EA Studio Tools and Settings Generator / Reactor settings from EA file

Fxview
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

I have some EAs which are performing exceptionally well. Problem is, I can’t remember exactly which settings I used when creating them.

Is there a way to know, through EA Studio (or any other way) the settings which were used to create them? Perhaps upload them to EA Studio to reverse engineer them? Apologies if this is a silly question.

Thanks,

Ilan

Hey Ilan,

Glad to hear that you succeeded to create EAs with good results.

I don’t think you can understand the settings you used.

What I do is to keep a spreadsheet with all the settings I use for the different set of EAs.

For example, I have a column for the EURUSD strategies where I used 1.2 PF, R- Squared 80 Sl range 10-50 TP Range 50-90 etc.

And then I organize the EAs in folders according to the settings I used. So far I think this is the easiest way to organize your work.

Another thing which requires a bit more work is to organize your EAs using the Magic Numbers. For example, you can use the first 2 symbols for the currency pair. 01 – EURUSD 02 – GBPUSD. After that, you can have the Time Frame 05 – M5, 15-M15. Then you can have the acceptance criteria which you selected to use.

Hope these tips might give you a better idea of how to organize your work.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart