Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    facundo
    Participant

Hi Petko,

I am trading with GBPUSD and it is losing in some strategies. I wonder if you recomend something in particular to validate with GBPUSD

Another thing. I have a standard account and the spread is >10 sometimes 12. But i pay no commission. Do you recomend me to move to a Pro account with 1 lot = 7 USD but spread below <10?

thanks

Hello Facundo,

could be you are just hitting such a period with your strategies. Did you run Monte Carlo for them?

It is up to you about the commission and the spread, I think at the end of the day it is one and the same thing.

facundo
    Participant

Hi Petko,

yes I ran montecarlo and also this OOS 10% to not over optimized. I didnt get many strategies but some won some were loss.

About Spread. I am asking because you were saying in one of the courses that we need to have a spread lower than 10 to have profitable strategies.

Thanks

Facundo

Yeah, actually, GBPUSD spread above 10 is a lot…which is the broker you are using?

facundo
    Participant

Axitrader.   with a Pro account paying 7 USD Lot they dont have that spread

I guess it is just normal. With JFD for example, it is 6 dollars commission per lot.

If you can open the two types of accounts in a Demo, and place there same 10 EAs, for example. If you trade them for one week you will see which one will be the better choice.

facundo
    Participant

thanks for the tip

You are welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.