Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Bart Meijrink
    Participant

Glad to see that Petko did explain in details again.

How is your trading going Jay-R?

Jay-r Yuzon
    Participant

Hey Bart,

Happy new year!

Yeah, that’s one of the things that I like with Petko, his detailed answers really clears up a lot of things.

I’m still on demo for algo trading but so far so good.

How about you?

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

Happy New Year, guys!

Did anyone test the percentage option in FSB Pro? Thre is the option to enter with certain % from the free margin, and not with lots.

I am not a fan of it, but I was wondering if anyone can share the experience with that.

Admin bar avatarRoman
    Participant

Happy New Year’s Andi!

I’ve been trying it on and off, but it’s really difficult to follow the profit factor since the strategy is always taking different position sizing. So my idea was to manually adjust the position size on live as the account balance increased. Then continue to follow the static position sizing on demo to ensure the strategy is still working. Let me know your thoughts!

Hey Andi,

It is something that many people are looking for, but it is not practical when following the statistics. As Roman says, the Profit Factor would be not accurate. And not only the PF but all the others except the pips…

And having percentage entry might be useful if we double or triple accounts daily or weekly, which is not the reality ๐Ÿ™‚

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

Thanks, Petko! I missed your answer. Yeah, I do not see the point of using percentage, but because it is so popular, I was curious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Meryjonestexas
    Participant

In the beginning, when I took FSB Pro, I was 100% sure that I had to use the percentage as an entry. It took me about three months to realize that it is useless, and it makes the statistics worse.

Hi Mery,

This is because people think that when they start using Expert Advisor they will set just the percentage to trade with, and they will not do anything for months or even years, and their account will grow, grow…

This is what the scam brokers promise, and the accounts actually steadily disappear…

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

Hey Petko,

I trust you are doing fine!

Any idea if we can expect to have the generated EAs from EA Studio to upload in FSB Pro?

I want to backtest trading strategy with more details in FSB Pro, and at the same time to add some higher timeframe filters.

allison_sheep
    Participant

Hi, I am new here.

When I use the Generator, it often gives me almost the exact strategies in the same round. It uses the same indicators but slightly different parameters.

If I restart the Generator, I will get a very different strategy, follow by many strategies using the same indicators.

I check that it is not โ€œlockโ€ nor โ€œlinkโ€.

What should I do?

Hello Allison,

Could you please share how do you set the Generator to work? What are the settings?

Please, attach some pictures so we can see better.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.