EA Forex Academy – Algorithmic & Manual Trading Courses Forums Forex Trading Forum Forex strategy, Forex ea or cryptocurrency ea – share with everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    magaskuszob
    Participant

And I forgot to metion, my 14 day long test is expired. I bought 2 udemy courses, but I cannot make an another one.

Travis Nose
    Participant

Hello Adam,

For me is hard to understand what you want to do or at least I do not see your logic. You want to change the EAs you have already with Trailing SL, am I right? If you do, this will totally change your strategy backtest. As Andi said you can not make a conclusion from a couple of trades opened if it will be better with trailing or not.

What do you mean you have “bad” SL-TP?

magaskuszob
    Participant

Dear Travis

So i write it down without any information:

I have around 100 EA, half of them with 30-100 SL – TP ratio, another half with 80-120. (around)
    I don’t have trailing, but I want to hardcode into everz EA by myself. I want that code part.
    I want optimalise every AE for myself at deep code lvl, change the SL-TP and trailing.

At the morning, I found a few trailing EA that can work on every another EA, and thats all. I can train them also for myself and change it by my hands. So I have a solution for this problem.

And now, my problem is in my first picture, as I rememben.
    The sale and the TP numbers swapped, and everything works inverse. But why? Noone answered this question, only noticed another not valid problem.

Adam

Hello Adam,

yes, there are such EAs and scripts for trailing the SL that you can apply to any Expert Advisor. This will be the easiest way for you if you want to put different SL and TP. Keep in mind that as Travis said, it will change your backtest which means that you will not have the same performance from what you saw in EA Studio when generating the strategies.

Regarding the first picture, again I say you are looking at different EAs.

Look at the right up corner where is the smiley face and the magic number of the EA( I place a big white arrow). It is a different number from what you see in the code. Simply you look at different EAs with different SL and TP.

The function of the SL and TP works just fine, all bugs and mistakes were fixed long ago.

However, if you still can not see it properly, let me know and I can have a quick skype look at your screen and make it clearer for you.

Kind regards,

Petko A

magaskuszob
    Participant

Dear Petko!

I changed the sl-tp, and only change in one code is not enough, Its needed 2 times in a code and one times in the MT4. So This is not a issue anymore. Thats why it worked not as it had to be.
    I have a trailing EA, but its doing nothing right now, probably the setup is not goot, but I will look for an another one tomorrow.
    Or is it possible to trun the trailing on in every trading? Cuz the built-in works properly and following as it sould be.

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

Hi Adam,

the trailing SL in EA Studio for the EAs works great. I would not really bother the code( I know some basic MQL but not enough to mess it).

So what I would if I were you is to generate EAs with trailing SL in the generator settings. This way you will assure you do not have problems, no need for additional EAs.

I would suggest you do the same as Andi. Generate EAs with trailing SL and you will not have issues.

Or just build your ones with Trailing.

Cheers,

champagnelennie44
    Participant

Good advice, thanks.

Meryjonestexas
    Participant

I think it would be awesome to renew this topic and share some EAs with each other. I am currently in generating very nice set up in EA Studio, very strict acceptance criteria and I will share a complete collection in here, so the new traders can choose which EAs to use.

Bart Meijrink
    Participant

I am looking for that, Mery! I will support you as well with some Forex EAs to share in here

And Happy New Year!!!

<p style=”text-align: left;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Ciao Petko, ciao commercianti. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>C’è un EA che non ho. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>O meglio: nel mio FX blu c’è un EA che sta aprendo operazioni e facendo soldi. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Il numero magico è 68844071. Ma guardo nei miei EA, nei miei grafici e non ho questo numero magico. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Certo, sto parlando del mio account sui corsi Petko. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Petko, puoi aiutarmi? </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Grazie</span></span></p>

Hi Petko. Sorry for that post, it was the automatic translation. i was talking about an EA, very profitable, with magic number 68844071. The problem is that it is gaining a lot of money, but i don’t know who it is. Better: in my fx blue, i see the EA with this magic number gaining money, but  in my mt4, i haven’t EAs with this magic number. The problem could be that in the mql4 code, there is this magic number, but in the inputs another one.  Can you help to know this EA? Thanks

adc
    Participant

Hi Petko, hello guys, I’m new here, I’m Petko student with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Walk forward, Dow Jones, Gold and the never loosing formula.

I saw many of your posts, the sharing is great! I was thinking… since there are many of us taking the courses and building and testing EA’s, could it be a good idea to make a super portfolio all together and keep it updated in a monthly basis? we could share the work load and make the most of our resources (VPS for demos, analysis time, etc.) we could do it in this forum for bitcoin and Ethereum for instance and use another forum for gold, dow jones, etc. or in this same forum if Petko approves,

What do you guys think?

If you like the idea we could start by discussing a homologous acceptation criterion for the EAs, my suggestion would be: to keep the ones that prove to be consistent profitable (have weekly net gains) every week (more than 4 weeks and then keep being profitable every week) and sort them by profit factor.

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

Hello, Adc,

Glad to hear that someone wants to share. I was sharing a lot before, but I did not see an honest response from the others to share as well.

Anyway, your idea is awesome and we can think about it. But it is not that simple to create such a super portfolio.

The first issue is that everyone uses a different broker. That is why we can not have a portfolio of many EAs that will perform equally in the backtest for everyone.

Second, the most reliable test would be if we place all these EAs trading in one account, which is nearly impossible.

Third, I do not think Petko will mind having such a basket of EAs, but we will have to ask his team to create some kind of app or a page on the website where everyone can place his best EAs that fit any acceptance criteria.  Anyway, if we write in the forum and attach them in here, people will have to look in previous pages. They won’t know from where to start and so on…

Not a bad idea, but again its a lot of thing to think about.

adc
    Participant

Hello Andi,

Thanks for your asnwer, as you said, we should think this over, I have some thoughts on your ideas:

“The first issue is that everyone uses a different broker. That is why we can not have a portfolio of many EAs that will perform equally in the backtest for everyone.”

You are right, but I think we can find a solution, here’s one idea: we could discuss which broker to use to formulate the super portfolio and this discussion could be based under the merit of broker features and trustworthiness. In order to keep it short we can decide to dedicate a week or so to this topic, come up with a decision and ask everyone who wants to get involved to get a demo account with this broker. As an alternative we can just work with the broker that EA Forex Academy works to backtest the super-portfolio so nobody has stings attached and understand that there will be differences based on the broker each one uses (or chose to work with this specific broker) What do you guys think?

“Second, the most reliable test would be if we place all these EAs trading in one account, which is nearly impossible.”

Agree, but for this we can just define a maximum amount of robots to use so they wont exceede the max 99 that are allow in mt4, as an alternative we can just wrapp them up in a single portfolio per month using Expert Avdisor Studio. Alternatively we can start just with bitcoin. what do you guys think?

“Third, I do not think Petko will mind having such a basket of EAs, but we will have to ask his team to create some kind of app or a page on the website where everyone can place his best EAs that fit any acceptance criteria.  Anyway, if we write in the forum and attach them in here, people will have to look in previous pages. They won’t know from where to start and so on…”

Great idea, what do you think Petko, could it be possible to have such a space in your web? or should we just add a new forum under the tilte “montly super portfolio” and post every month outcome there?

What do you think guys is it worth it to give it a try? in Mexico we have a say “La unión hace la fuerza” that would translate as “strength through unity” do you think we could apply it to this and make the most of our time and resources?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.