Home Forums General Discussion EAs with Trailing stop

Fxview
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

I have questions on how to set up EAs with Trailing Stop.

1. How are the trailing stops on these EAs set when placed on chart?

2. Can it be done auto or has to be manually done on each chart?

Thanks,

Samuel

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Samual,

We set the trailing stop when generating the strategies, before we export them as EAs

Thanks,

Ilan

Ilan,

I do that before generating the EA. After generating the EAs, I then placed them on the charts.

While the EAs are on the charts, do I set the trailing stop to say 20 pips or 50 pips? or

Did the system set the trailing stop pips when the EA was being generated?

I hope you understand my question,

Thank you very much,

Samuel

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Samuel,

My understanding (and I’ll ask Petko to confirm) is that when we run the Generator and set the SL to trailing, the system will generate strategies using the best parameters for the trailing SL based on the historical data. So, if our strategy has a trailing SL of say 50 points, when you export it, the EA will have a trailing SL value of 50 points. But, if you then change it in the EA properties once it’s on the chart, to say, 30 points, the trailing SL will then be 30 points. So when a trade opens, the SL will be 30 points from the current price, and remain there, trailing 30 points from the price while the trade remains open.

I hope this makes sense.

Ilan

Yes, that is correct. The Generator will show strategies with a trailing stop, and it will be in the code when exporting the EA.

Ilan and Petko,

Thank you two for explaining how the Trailing Stop works in the EA Studio. Thanks,

Samuel

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart