Home Forums EA Studio EA Studio on Chrome is pausing when another screen is maximised

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatarrichard
      Participant

For people using Chrome.  Has any one else noticed in the last few days when using EA Studio’s that if you open another window in front of the EA studio windows when they are running it will pause the EA studio windows.  Also if you have multiple desktop setup and you switch to another desktop it will pause the EA studio windows and stop the reactor from creating strats…..  I have not done any windows updates or chrome updates as I have all updates turned off.  Someone else mentioned it on the other forum as well so not just me.  Can people do a test please and see if they have the same issue…  Thanks.

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Same issue…

Same here, Firefox works better.

in Firefox I tried using several tabs, but only the active one seems to have progress.

Hey guys,

I have always suggested keeping EA Studio on an active tab, anyway it might pause the generation. It is not an issue from now, it is not an issue at all.

EA Studio works on the browser. It loads from the server just one time, and after that, it all happens on the browser.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi guys,

When running multiple instances of EA Studio, don’t run them in multiple tabs, but rather, multiple, separate instances of your browser. This way, as Petko recommends above, they will always be on the active tab. I’ve also found that turning off power saving on my PC helps.

Ilan

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

Hi.  Yes I have them all running in separate apps and have never had a problem for 1 year.  But something changed a few days ago and now if you maximise another window in front of them they will stop running and as soon as you minimise the window in front of them they will start running again.  Other people are reporting it as well so I am pretty sure that something has changed.  If you use chrome can you please run a test.  Start a reactor running,  look at the counter then open any other window in front of it for a minute then minimise and look at the counter and see if it has stopped running for that period.  I also run multiple “desktops” on my screen.  When i “slide” off the desktop that is running the reactors and then come back to it  the reactors have “paused” for this time…..

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

Just tested it on firefox and on 2 different computers….  Same problem…..

User AvatarCuriousGeo
      Participant

Exactly…something must have changed a few days ago on Google Chrome browser. Previously I was able to run EA on a seperate browser and generate strategies during the day while working on other chrome tabs on my laptop. Currently as it stands I have to generate them during the night leaving the EA browser active…

Hey guys,

I had a call with Mr. Popov to discuss it. It is 100% coming from chrome.

The developers of Chrome focus more and more recently to make the browser faster, but that is the browser that the users currently use. For example, the browser where I write in the Forum at that moment. However, that might affect the others that I have behind.

Now, I am on a computer with a large screen and I have a reactor working on the side (just the next browser) and I see it working with the very same speed as if I click over it. The speed doesn’t change.

I think the issue comes with most of you that use Laptops, where you use battery safe mode and simply you see just the browser that is in front for you.

If you use a regular Desktop computer, and you have 2 browsers opened – one with the Reactor/Generator, you should not experience any issues. Here is a pic that I will just take:

User Avatarmentosan
      Participant

Hi, I confirm what Richard is saying.

I run the EA Studio in Chrome on a PC which is running in a separate room and I access it through the remote desktop. When I’m remote it, there is no problem, EA Studio is working very well but when I go out it is not working anymore. Of course, EA Studio is staying all the time activated on the screen. Anyway, if I use Microsoft Edge, I have no problem with EA Studio.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey guys,

Yip, the problem is with Chrome – I have been using Firefox with no problems at all.

Ilan

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

Yes… I have swapped over to Edge and all good now…..

User Avatarjbcdk
      Participant

My Edge has now begun to do the same – anybody else have the same problem?

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

Yes same here….  I have 2 PCs.  The one that does not allow any updates is fine.  The one that updated is now affected.  I have tried uninstalling updates and even rolling my PC back to previous restore points.  Microsoft will not allow you to remove updates from Edge.  Anyone else have similar problems and any answers……  This is becoming a pain in the ASS………

User Avatarjbcdk
      Participant

I have now for a few hours run four sessions of Reactor on each their virtual desktop. I use the Opera browser and they all run continuously in parallel. The browser has version no. 72.0.3815.378. If Opera also gets into the same problems as Edge and Chrome in the future, I can see that at http://www.opera.com/download and at the very bottom of the page there is an archived with former versions of Opera, so it should be possible to find one previous version which hopefully can run multiple Reactor’s at the same time.

User AvatarAsser
      Participant

I use Firefox with up to 20 windows opened at the same time with almost no problems. I suspect EA Studio runs better if the windows are opened separately in stead of one windows with multiple tabs – but I’m not sure. I prefer to open them side by side but stacked worked OK too. I have a very large screen.

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

Yes.  Getting sick of chrome / microsoft BS so will go to firefox as well……

User AvatarJay-r Yuzon
      Participant

Hi guys.  I also have similar problems with chrome and edge.  And I also did try out firefox which actually took care of the problem.  However, for those that still opt to use Chrome for whatever reason, I may have a solution for you.  Do note that I only generate 2 algos at one time, thus, I only use 2 separate browsers simultaneously.  Consequently, the remedy that I found may not be suitable for others who make algos beyond the number I’ve earlier mentioned.

Here is what I found that might help you:  Try minimizing the 2 browsers.  That’s it =)

Attached is a copy of what I’m trying to say.  I hope you found this useful.

Cheers,

Jay-R

User AvatarAsser
      Participant

Hey Richard & everybody,

Found a very efficient way to give equal power to all open windows with running EA Studio Reactors.
      It doesn’t matter whether you’re using Chrome or Firefox. It’s a Windows solution.

You need to open additional clean “Desktops”. It’s equivalent to adding a new virtual computer.

Here is how to do it:

1.      I’m actually running 6 Reactors on my main Desktop called “Desktop 1” (more on that in a second).

2.      I open a new clean Desktop called “Desktop 2” (tell you how in a second) and run 6 more Reactors.

3.      Open another desktop “Desktop 3” and run 6 more Reactors.

4.      And so on…

5.      How many Reactors per Desktop and how many Desktops… depends on your computer.

Here’s how to open a new Desktop:

–        Click on a button called “Task View” in the taskbar close to the Windows button (bottom left).
      (If the “Task View” icon doesn’t appear in the taskbar, I’ll tell you how to put it there in a second).
      A “Task View” window opens.

–        Click on a new Desktop (a square with a plus sign in it)  at the top and a clean Desktop will open. It’s called “Desktop 2” automatically.
      Now you have a clean Desktop – just like having a new virtual computer.

–        Go ahead and run a set of new reactors here.

–        Do the same again for Desktop 3, 4, etc.

The “Task View” button looks like this:

Task View button

… If it doesn’t appear on your taskbar, you can find it as follows:

–        Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar

–        Click on (select) “Show Task View button”

–        The Task View button will then appear close to the Windows button.

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

Hi Asser.

Thanks for sharing.  Yes I have been using this setup for a while.  Helps to keep things organised.  If you get to a situation where you start to run a lot of MT4 platforms you might want to also look at creating new users and running on each user.  I find about 10 MT4 platforms per user is good.  If you have to many per user it starts to lock up the mt4s I find.  Not 100% sure but I think windows assigns a certain amount of cpu and ram to each user which helps spread the load over your PC.  It also helps you get around the limit of a maximum of 32 instances of MT4 per PC as each user is considered to be it’s own PC…..  I have had up to 50 MT4’s running at once but this is a bit excessive…….  Just “switch” between users instead of logging out and this will keep everything running……  Now back to searching for a new broker…….

User Avatarrichard
      Participant

You can use CTRL WINDOWS and LEFT / RIGHT keys to “speed” between your desktops as well…..

User AvatarAsser
      Participant

Great info, tips & tricks. Thank you Richard.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart