Home Forums Live Trading Results FX Blue results EA Stats in FX Blue

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

I hope you’re well.

My EAs were doing very well for the first week of May. Since then, they have consistently been losing (of course not all of them, but my overall portfolio value).

I check each of my demo platforms / accounts and EA performance weekly using FX Blue, and change or keep EAs as required. My question to you is, should I be using a time filter on FX Blue to check only the EA performance over the past week as I am doing? In other words, I check the EA performance in my demo accounts for the past week only. Should I perhaps rather check them from their inception date, due to the current volatility? My thinking is that the markets don’t seem to be in a trend for too long, before changing again, so I don’t know ifi I should be looking at longer periods for a more complete analysis of the EAs. Of course, the EAs you provide change monthly, and I also try to create new EAs every month or 2, so it wouldn’t be a very long time period.

Thanks as always,

Ilan

Hey Ilan,

Glad to hear from you.

Normally I look at the complete period, last one month, and last one week.

This way I make sure the EAs are performing for the longer term and for the short term.

I just switch the time filter and make sure to keep in live the EAs that profit in these periods.

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey Petko,

Thanks for replying. So, based on the above method, if I check my EA performance weekly, do I select the EAs that have been working for a shorter as well as longer period? In other words, let’s say I have an EA that hasn’t made any successful trades in the past week, but over the past month, it has made 15 trades in total, with a positive net profit and profit factor of 1.4. Do I continue using it?

Thank you as always,

Ilan

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Petko,

Thinking about my question above, and your initial answer, I came up with a strategy (I think it’s what you explained, if I understood correctly) , that I’m hoping works.

As mentioned, I keep a spreadsheet of weekly EA performances in my demo accounts, removing EAs from my live account that didn’t perform well in the previous week, keeping those that did, and adding good performing EAs from my demo accounts to my live account, also from the previous week.

What I am doing now, is applying the date filter in FX Blue for the past week, as well as from the beginning of the month, or the last 30 days. I then check which EAs are performing well in the last week AND last month. If they have performed well in both time frames, I add them from the demo accounts to my live account. Conversely, if they are no longer performing well in both time frames, and they are currently in my live account, I remove them.

I hope this makes sense. Do you agree and / or have any suggestions.

Thanks very much,

Ilan

User Avatarmentosan
      Participant

Hi Ilan,

do you still keep these rules?

cheers

Sebastian

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, I do. The performance, generally, using this rules seems to work well. So much so, that Petko and I (I joined the EA Forex Academy team a few months ago as a instructor, trader and mentor) have created a course about it.

Thanks,

Ilan

Hey Illan,

what is the name of the course you‘re talking about in the previous post (see above)? Thx, ladytrader

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi ladytrader2007,

The course is called MetaTrader 4 Forex Trading course + Weekly Robots.

Thanks,

Ilan

Hey Illan,

Thank you, I checked the course and it does sound interesting.

Question; how many EA’s do you provide weekly and for which pairs and timeframes? Are these the EAs that performed best over the last 7 AND 30 days?

Kind regards, ladytrader

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi ladytrader,

The quantity and assets change weekly, but generally, it’s the Majors. But it really depends on the performance of the assets in the previous week and month. The goal, is to have have assets that have, not only performed well, but make up a balanced portfolio so we are diversified and manage our risk.

Ilan

Hey Illan,

I wrote u an eMail and still wait for an answer. Can u pls check? Thx.

Regards, Consuela

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Consuela,

Which email address did you send it to?

Ilan

I used the contact form under Contact / Reach us.

Regards, Consuela

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Consuela,

I didn’t receive it. Please mail me directly at info@eaforexacademy.com.

Thanks,

Ilan

Hey Illan,

I have already purchased  “MetaTrader 4 Forex Trading course + Weekly Robots” and have completed it. Several questions:

1. Which day of the week do you provide the updated robots?

2. Can I please be informed per eMail when the new robots are available?

2. How often do you go through the process you describe in course (analysing the EA’s performance over the past 7 and 30 days): weekly or every two weeks or monthly?

3. Just an idea: Would you pls name the weekly file you provide w/ the Top EA something like that: MT4_CW44_2020? That is better to follow than Week 4 October 2020 in my opinion. As I said, just an opinion….

Thank you, ladytrader

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi Consuela,

Glad to hear you’ve joined our course.

To answer your questions:

1. I usually provide the new EAs every Saturday, but sometimes on Sunday. It’ll always be before the start of the week’s market openings.
      2. As a student, you will always be notified when the new EAs are released, although we don’t send out individual emails.
      3. I go through the process every week, comparing the week’s and month’s EA performance.
      4. I label the Zip file as Platform+Week_number+Month+Year.zip, so it is easy to know exactly which set of EAs they are.

Thanks,

Ilan

Hi Illan,

Thank you for the reply.

After watching the course I am now following your methodology on how to watch the performance of each EA. Therefore I have setup DEMO accounts for each FX pair and will be adding the new EAs you provide each week. Please find below my questions;

1. Can I rely that each new generated EA has a unique Magic No? Let’s take an example: I have the DEMO account XYZ for the pair GBPUSD. Provided I get 2 EAs every week for this pair, in 10 weeks I will have 20 EAs . Will any further EA you generate have a UNIQUE Magic No. so that existing EAs will not be overwritten?

2.  Obviously for the newest EAs you provide on weekends I will not have any real history. Can I use the MT4 strategy tester for that? last 7 / 30 days? And because the time intervall is not that long I could even use the most precise method for that – every tick. What is your opinion on that?

Greetings from Austria, ladytrader

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi ladytrader,

Good to hear from you again.

1. Yes, every EA will have a unique number, so you can start a collection, and add them to your demo accounts, without worrying that the number will be the same.
      2. Yes, you can use the strategy tester. You’ll see that all of the EAs that I upload, are profitable with a min. trade count of 3, and PF of 1.4 for the last week, and month. Don’t use Every Tick, use only Open Prices when backtesting in MT4, because the way the strategies get generated, is by opening trades at the start of a new candle / bar.

Thanks,

Ilan

Hello Illan,

on Nov 3rd you wrote: “I usually provide the new EAs every Saturday, but sometimes on Sunday. It’ll always be before the start of the week’s market openings.”

I was just checking whether the new EAs for the Course “MT4 FX Trading Course+Weekly Robots” have been updated. But it seems they are not (?)

Just wondering….as we are 4 hours away from the start of the new week’s market opening….

Best regards, ladytrader

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hi ladytrader,

My apologies – we had an upload issue yesterday, but the EAs have been uploaded this morning.

Ilan

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart