Home Forums Brokers Dukascopy demo results not matching live

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      User Avatarmgunton2

Petko,

I’m using Dukascopy and I’m not seeing a 100% match with the trades in the demo and live account.

The demo account is now unlimited as they’ve set that up for me.

I had quite stringent parameters and I’m still not seeing the results correlating…..too such an extent that either the markets are completely bonkers at the moment or more likely …. there’s something not quite right here…

I’d be grateful for some assistance here as the way this is going…even trading 0.01 lots…even trading gbp/usd, eur/usd & gold….I’ve only had 1 winning day and losing days since I started last week….

I just don’t see the point in spending ages testing on demo, get comfortable and then the moment real money is used it doesn’t match and you lose money!

Casing point….I have the same EA running on demo and live….it’s got a buy trade open in the demo (in profit) and a sell trade open in the live account (typically in loss!)….how can this happen if they are supposed to be identical???

I don’t have an issue losing money because the markets are tough…I do when it becomes pointless to test on demo for ages only to find the results and years trades don’t match.

Please help!

Hello there!

Most probably the difference is because you have placed the EAs at a different time on the Demo and the Live accounts.

I guess what you did is to test the EAs on a Demo, and you placed some of them on the Live account.

The moment you place the EAs on the Live you might have opened trades on the Demo.

And on the lice account they will open on the next signal.

So it might take a week or even more (depending on the strategies) to start matching from Demo and Live.

Cheers,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart