Home Forums General Discussion Conditions for averaging

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarCharbel
      Participant

Hello Dear,

Well any idea if we can set a specific distance (in pips) as a condition for each new added position in FSB Pro? i.e initial open position EurUsd buy @ 1.0980, I want the next added position to be @ 1.0960 and the next @1.0940. Distance of 20 pips for example.

Kind regards.

User AvatarCharbel
      Participant

Any idea??

User AvatarCharbel
      Participant

Well what ive meant is how to apply the price move indicator to the added position?

thx

Hello Charbel,

Glad to hear from you.

Do you mean any specific strategy you want to create? Also, are you looking at FSB Pro or EA Studio?

User AvatarCharbel
      Participant

Hello Petko,

thank you for your reply,

well i am looking at FSB Pro, to set a specific distance in pips as a condition for each new added position, for example initial position: EURUSD BUY @1.0800 the next one 1.0780, next 1.0760,1.0740 and so on….distance of 20 pips for each new added position, as a condition to add . Is it possible in FSB Pro? or it has to be done manually in MQL editor?

Thank you again Petko.. appreciate your help.

Hello Charbel,

This is called grid trading.

The indicators are created to watch the current market conditions, and not to look for the previous entry. The market doesn’t care about our previous entries. I know this idea of averaging but it is more of investing type of trading which some traders try to convert. I am not familiar with a successful one( I don’t say there isn’t one).

The trading is more oriented to trading at the moment, according to the recent market conditions. And this is what the indicators are used for. This is why there is no such method or indicator in MT or FSB and EA Studio.

Yes, you can modify the entry in the code but this way you will not have a backtest in FSB Pro which is the main idea of having a strategy builder. To have the past results and analyze it.

I hope this makes sense.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart