Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    jacpin2002
    Participant

Happy New Year everyone! I have a feeling that 2019 is going to be a breakout year for all of us traders, especially those of us who do automated trading and specifically those of us that use EA Studio (I can’t attest to FSB as I don’t use that software).

I promised to show a screenshot of my results from my live trading account after using EAs created by EA Studio. Here is my screenshot (The drops that you see in red on the balance is me withdrawing my trading profit to pay myself back my initial investment): Live account screenshot as of 1/1/19

As you can see, I am very much happy with the results that my EAs are producing and it is all because of EA Studio. Majority of my trades were from a GBP/USD M15 EA and a AUD/USD H1 EA, but recently I had to take them off because they fell below my 70% winning performance. Also, adding the commodities helped with an increase in trading profit as well. With these results, I was able to recoup my initial investment in opening my trading account.

As I have mentioned in other forum posts, I have very strict criteria when I am generating EAs. I also have very specific demo criteria that an EA needs to pass before I put it on my live account. As of today, I have 5 EAs currently running in my live account. All of them are trading at 0.1 lot size. In demo, I currently have 13 EAs trading (including the 5 currently on live account). So that means I have 8 EAs that are going through my demo testing before I put them live. In total, I will have 36 EAs running on my live account as the goal. Originally, I was going for 99 EAs. But I have since changed my mind on that. I reevaluated my time, effort, and goals for 2019; which lead me to the conclusion to consolidate what I am trading and focus on the continued success of my trading portfolio. Being able to focus on a smaller portfolio of assets allows me more time to get better on generating and analyzing profitable strategies; which will in turn allow me to generate more trading profit.

So as of today, my focus on trading consists of the following assets: USD/CAD, EUR/GBP, AUD/JPY, Natural Gas, Silver, Brent Oil, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple (I’m having trouble generating strategies for Ripple myself, so I’m going to use Petko’s from the course in demo before I put those live). I realized that I’m not ready to trade on the indices until my trading account is over 10k as the minimum lot size for these assets with my broker is 1 lot.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to encourage those of you who may feel like trading is not going to make you money….don’t give up. It will. It just takes time and patience. Learn everything you can from Petko via the forums, courses, 1:1 coaching, etc. Learn to use EA Studio well as it does get updated (Adding the Donchian Channel indicator was a nice update). Don’t be afraid to ask questions…there is no such thing as a stupid question. And make sure to give back to others on your experience and knowledge. Putting out positivity will bring more positivity back to you !

Here’s to a successful trading 2019 year to you all.

Hello Jacpin,

Happy new year to you, and I wish you to continue with your success! I was traveling a few days, desired break after a year without day off 🙂

Now, I am very happy to see your post, and it makes me extremely proud that I was able to give you the right path in trading. This is what I am aiming in the Academy, to teach people to trade, to provide them with the right tools and education. In other words to build traders!

Many students ask me daily for signals in trading, but this is something I do not want to do. I can, but this is the lazy way in trading. And I have put so much effort during the last years to record courses, to provide better and better Expert Advisors, to educate traders, and to start providing signals will be ridiculous for me.

As you said it takes time and patience but when the results are there, the feeling is just fantastic 🙂

Thank you for sharing your experience in the Forum, I am sure you will motivate many new traders!

Success!

jacpin2002
    Participant

@Petko-Keep up the excellent work that you are doing. I am spreading the word to everyone I talk to about your courses, EA Studio software, trading in general, etc. 🙂

Hey Jacpin,

I wish all the traders are like you, so positive!

Believe it or not it is essentially important to be positive in trading. I have seen so so many discouraged and disappointed people just because they started trading without education, and they do believe that Forex only makes you lose..

Thanks again for sharing your results! I hope more traders will start doing that!

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

Hi Jacpin,

so nice of you sharing your results. Very motivating for me again. I started working on my portfolio just after Christmas (can dedicate more time on it now).

I am planning to test 99 EAs on the account, and my target is to have 16 EA on the live. May I know why you reduced the number of your EAs?

jacpin2002
    Participant

@Andi-Good question. I reduced the number of EAs because I wanted to consolidate my trading portfolio focus. I’m only trading on 9 different pairs and on 2 different time frames (M15 and H1). I’m picking the top 2 strategies after generation, demo them, and them place on live. I took Petko’s advice and I have about 10 backup strategies for each pair and timeframe that can be demoed after putting some on live. This way, I always have backup for when a live strategy starts to perform below my expectation, I can quickly replace it (after doing some initial validation) and not lose time with waiting for a new strategy to past my demo criteria.

I know this is kind of a long post, but I was trying to make sure I got my thoughts out as best as I could. But the main reason was focus. I wanted to zero in on pairs that I like based on how they perform and basically try to become an EA Studio expert in creating the most profitable strategies for each asset. 🙂 I didn’t want to spread myself thin with analyzing a bunch of different assets like I was doing before. I found that if I focused more and considered myself to specialize more on a particular asset, I was producing better results in how I looked at profitable strategies created by EA Studio.

Hello Jacpin,

good to hear you took my advice of having ready Expert Advisors. It is all about creating and testing.

The more you create and test Expert Advisors, the better trader you will become.

Admin bar avatarHaliffa
    Participant

Hey Jacpin,

so happy to see that you are doing great results! Make sure to keep the good money management and to stick with your plan. Anyway you will easy jump to the greedy, and you might be at risk.

jacpin2002
    Participant

@Petko-Thanks, Petko!

@Haliffa-You are absolutely right. I was almost tempted to jump from creating strategies and putting them right into my live account. But I stopped myself and had to make sure that I stick to what has been working for me. And to not deviate. As a result, the only thing that changed was me consolidating the assets I’m focusing and not making any changes to the way I was creating strategies, testing them, and then going live. 🙂

Right, when something is working do not touch it.

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

I feel very motivated nowadays after the New Year. My current profit since the beginning of the year is 566 dollars trading with 8 EAs from EA Studio, and I wish that is not a luck but will remain as a consistent profit.

jacpin2002
    Participant

@Andi-That is a great start to the new year! See…2019 is already looking good. And it can only go up from there. 🙂

Admin bar avatarRoman
    Participant

@Jacpin – Thanks for sharing your successes! I’ve actually taken a page out of your book from the last thread we communicated on about the win rates. Just went live last week with 5 ea’s myself and am already up 11%. My portfolio consists of EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURGBP, GBPUSD, XAUUSD, DAX, and soon WTI. Currently running reactor for Dax on the H1. I agree with you on keeping it simple with the portfolio. Size up on what’s working instead of overloading yourself with hundreds of EA’s to babysit. Keep it up my good sir!

Admin bar avatarRoman
    Participant

Hey Jac, which are you liking better. Strats with stop losses or without them?

jacpin2002
    Participant

@Roman-That is awesome! I swear GBP has been making a ton of moves lately. 🙂 Love this portfolio mix. You keep up the great work as well. Like I said 2019 is going to be a great year!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.