Home Forums Historical Data Use of Historical data & Data Horizon Reply To: Use of Historical data & Data Horizon

User AvatarAsser
Participant

Hi Petko,

You say: “That is not a glitch. The data from the app is one, it is bars.”

If that’s the case, great! But then, why do we have to synchronize at all?
As you put it in your course: Even professional traders forget to synchronize the data with their broker.

You say: “It is about if your broker actually changes it or not.” (“it” meaning summertime to wintertime and vise versa)
I don’t understand your point, but I followed your instructions:

– I adjusted the timezone of my PC to UCT.
– I downloaded a new MT4 demo.
– My PC time showed: 17:32  (when it’s actually 18:32 where I live)
– My broker’s time showed: 19:32

– So I opened a EURUSD H1 chart on MT4.
– On Historcial data App, I loaded data from the App with (GMT) in the settings (GMT=UTC)
– The Price chart of EURUSD H1 showed a bar of 10. November 2020 at 16:00
– My broker’s MT4 showed the same bar of 10. November 2020 at 18:00
– So I adjusted the App’s settings to GMT+2
RESULT:
– The Price chart showed now the same bar of 10. November 2020 at 18:00 (PERFECTLY SYNCHRONIZED)
BUT…
– Going back on MT4 to 14. July 2020 at 10:00 (there is a distinguished bar)
– The same distinguished bar is showing at 09:00 on the App’s Price chart (SYNCHRONIZING FAILED)

My conclusion: Even though I don’t understand the point of changing my PC’s time zone to UTC and installing a new MT4, I did what you said and the problem remained the same.

Again:
If what you’re saying is that DATA IS BARS (meaning without timestamp), so why do we have to synchronize?
Am I over-synchronizing?

What if my broker changes the time from summer to winter and back again (as do many brokers)? Does that mean that the Historical data App is safe as long as the broker doesn’t change the time? In which case, the historical data App only applies to a few brokers.

Still confused Petko!

Can you or anybody else explain to me (in simple words) what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Shopping Cart