Home Forums General Discussion My automated filtering and trade copying system Reply To: My automated filtering and trade copying system

User Avatarrichard
Participant

On Petko’s top 30 above it is set to live. The tick in the tick box next to the account number means that the filter is applied automatically and is live.  So as trades close in the demo, the filter fields on the app are updated instantly.  If those closed trades mean the strategy now meets the filter criteria that I set, then that magic number will be sent to the live account and held there.  The next time the strategy opens / closes on the demo it will be auto copied to the live.  Same as if a recently closed trade puts the strategy below the filter criteria the magic number will be removed from the live account.  This way everything happens automatically and in real time…

I can also momentarily check the tick box and then untick it. This will send the filtered magic numbers to the live  account but because it is then unticked the magic numbers will stay the same and not update as described above.  This is what I am thinking I will do with my new demos when they have run for 2 weeks to emulate what you are doing.  So i will set weekly and monthly to 1.4 PF, min of 3 trades and each week send the filtered magic numbers to the live.  This will update the Live account.  If any of the strats are the same it should just keep those running, remove any that no longer meet the criteria and then start opening in sync with the demo.  The only issue I see with this is any strats that are already running on demo won’t start straight away on the live.  I will have to wait for the next time they open on demo before they are copied to live.  Anyway I will run some side by side tests with my system automatically running and manually placing them as you currently do and see what the results are…..  Hope that makes sense……

Shopping Cart